Prestige Induction Cooker E0 Error

My brand new prestige Induction Cooker was showing an 'E0' error every time I tried to heat something. YouTube searches revealed that either of my capacitors in it have blown or short. Upon checking with a multi-meter I found the resistances of both capacitors slowly increasing and going up till around 150 Ohms. This is a good sign and means your capacitors are alright.

Vessel used.
The sauce pan I used was bought a day ago and I had doubts with it . But it had a flat bottom with circular design like all induction supported vessels.  I didn't have any other vessel. The diameter of the bottom was 12.5 cm+. Still I was not able to find out what I'm missing.
Induction cookers work by the principal of Induction and is made though Magnetism. Therefore it requires a pan or vessel which is magnetic. I took a small magnet from one of the damaged headphones lying around and tried to stick it on the vessel and it was not sticking. I managed to find an iron dumbbell which had flat sides and upon keeping it on the cooker it worked perfectly fine. 
Whenever you're shopping for an induction supported vessel, it's better to carry a small magnet with you to check if the bottom is magnetic.

Comments

Popular Posts